Jaime A. Treviño
T: +1 (713) 963-3677
ContactAdd to Outlook (vCard)
U.S. Representation Office
JATA – JAT Abogados LLC
1700 Post Oak Blvd.
2 BLVD Place.
Houston, Texas 77056
T: (713) 963-3677
JATA – J.A. Treviño Abogados
Ave. Gomez Morin No. 955
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo Leon
T: +52 (81) 8335-4200
F: +52 (81) 8335-4204
- Law Degree, Cum Laude, Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 1991
- Diploma on Foreign Trade Law, Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, 1992.
- Corporate Finance Program, University of Texas at Austin, 1993
- Certified as Foreign Legal Consultant, for Mexican Law, by the State Bar of Texas
He has substantial experience in most areas of corporate law, and especially in financings, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, security structures, and general transactional law.
Has participated in complex and multi-party M&A equity and asset transactions in Mexico, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean Region.
Has participated in a number of due diligence procedures within Mexico and abroad, related with acquisition negotiations, financings, and also for legal and internal compliance purposes.
Worked on multi-million and billion financial, restructuring, title-retention and securities transactions as counsel for private entities and banking institutions, in Mexico and abroad.
Has advised on a number of anti-trust matters and concentration filings in Mexico, and also worked on the legal teams preparing anti-trust filings outside Mexico.
He has experience in the negotiation and drafting of shareholders’ and members’ agreements, in addition to designing and structuring minority protection provisions, dead-lock breakup structures, and change of control agreements and transactions in Mexico and abroad.
Advised a number of foreign companies in the legal structuring, formation, regulatory and general business start-up in Mexico.
Experienced in the structuring, negotiation and drafting of construction contracts, construction finance and project finance in Mexico.
Experienced on Mexican trusts, including their specific uses for multiple purposes: financing, security, management, real estate and other business purposes.
He is admitted as foreign legal consultant in the State Bar of Texas.
Before founding J.A. Treviño Abogados in 1997, he was International Corporate Counsel for Cemex S.A.B. de C.V. based on Monterrey, Mexico (1991-1997).
Foreign Associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom’s New York Office (1993-1994).
- Corporate Governance Standards in Mexico and the U.S.A.
- Comments on a Mexican Due Diligence Process
- Mergers & Acquisitions in Mexico: Confronting Tax and Labor Challenges
- Apuntes Sobre Operaciones de “Albergue” en México
- Generalidades respecto a la Prenda sin Transmisión de Posesión
- Brief Labor Notes on Mexican Acquisition Transactions
- Generalidades Laborales de una Adquisición en México
- Brief Notes on the Mexican Pledge Without Transfer of Possession
- Comentarios sobre un Due Diligence en México
- Mexican “Shelter Company” Arrangements
- Mexico’s Post-NAFTA Scenario: What Are We Really Talking About?
- Escenario Post-TLCAN para México: ¿De Qué Se Trata Realmente?
- ¿Qué Tanta Libertad de Acción Tiene Legalmente el Presidente de México?
- How Much Legal Leeway is in the Hands of the Mexican President?