- Compliance under Mexico’s New Anti-Corruption Legal Framework
- By: Carlos Chavez
- Takeaways and Implications of Mexico’s New Energy Policies
- By: Carlos Chavez
- Mexico’s Post-NAFTA Scenario: What Are We Really Talking About?
- By: Carlos Chavez, Jaime A. Treviño, Veronica Cantu
- The New Right of Opposition to the Trademark Registration Process in Mexico
- By: Tracy Delgadillo
- COVID-19 and the legal implications of Force Majeure in Mexico
- By: Mauricio Garza, Cristobal Montemayor
PublicationsFrom Mexico in Brief Newsletter View more
- IDB TO GRANT LOANS TO SMALL BUSINESSES AMIDST PANDEMIC.
DB and CMN have announced a program providing up to U.S.$12 billion in revolving loans to small and medium-sized business.
- MEXICO TO RECEIVE BILLIONAIRE PROCEEDS FROM OIL HEDGE.
The Mexican Federal Government will receive approximately U.S.$6.1 billion from an oil hedging strategy.
- MEXICO IS ANALYZING REOPENING OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITY WITH THE USA.
The Mexican Government has declared that it is currently evaluating to coordinate a reopening of the economic activity with the U.S. Government.
- HUAWEI CONTINUES TO GROW IN MEXICO DESPITE COVID-19 CONTINGENCY.
Huawei seeks to increase its operations in the Jalisco, Mexico, expecting to create about 200 new jobs.
- PROMOTORA IDEAL HAS LAUNCHED ITS NEW FIBRA E.
Pomotora Ideal raised approx U.S.$1 billion from the launch of Fibra E.
- MEXICAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PLACED BILLIONAIRE BONDS.
The Mexican Federal government recently placed approx U.S.$6 billion in three new reference bonds.
- BOND PLACEMENT BY SANTANDER EXCEEDS EXPECTATIONS AMID PANDEMIC.
Santander Mexico recently placed a bond in the global markets for approx U.S.$1.75 billion with a 5.375% coupon.
- CFE ANNOUNCED MAJOR INVESTMENT TO ALLEVIATE PANDEMIC EFFECTS.
CFE announced an investment of approx U.S.$8 billion within the following months.
- PHASE 1 FOR MAYAN TRAIN IS AWARDED.
The consortium “Lumat Tramo 1” was awarded involving a contract value of approx U.S.$540 million for Phase 1 of Maya Train.
- AMAZON OPENS NEW CENTER IN MEXICO.
Amazon has opened its third distribution center in Mexico, the largest in Latin America, located in the State of Mexico.
- BILLIONAIRE BOND PLACEMENT BY FEMSA.
Femsa has successfully placed a U.S.$1.5 billion bond for 30-year senior notes with a yield of 3.608%.
- VIVA AEROBUS TO RECEIVE FINANCING.
Viva Aerobus recently announced that it entered into a capital subscription and financing agreement for more than U.S.$200 million.
- NESTLÉ BEGINS MODERNIZATION PLAN.
Nestlé recently announced that it will invest approximately U.S.$700 million in modernizing its Mexican plants with state-of-the-art technology.
- TWO NEW IBEROSTAR HOTELS ARE COMING.
Iberostar has announced an investment of more than U.S.$200 million for the development of two hotel complex in Los Cabos and Punta Mita.
- SOFTBANK CONTINUES INVESTING IN MEXICAN FINTECHS.
A group of investors led by Japanese SoftBank’s Latin America Fund will be investing approx U.S.$125 million in Mexican fintech startup AlphaCredit.
- IENOVA ANNOUNCED NEW OIL TERMINAL.
Ienova has announced an investment of more than U.S.$159 million in an oil terminal located in the Mexican State of Sinaloa.
- MEXICAN GOVERNMENT BEGINS YEAR 2020 WITH SEVERAL PLACEMENTS.
The Mexican federal government placed 1,500 million of investment units (UDIs) in the local market with a 3.5% coupon.
- FIRST MEXICAN LITHIUM MINE ON THE WORKS.
Bacanora Minerals Ltd and Chinese company Ganfeng Lithium Ltd are working on developing the first lithium mine in Mexico.